Purpose of the role:
To assist Project Managers, Site Managers on large project sites and manage smaller sites by supervising and working with sub-contractors engaged in the installation, alteration and repair of interior and exterior fit out. This can be a customer facing position and requires professionalism and the ability to communicate at all levels meeting high Company standards.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Relationships: Customers; Suppliers; LOCK5 MD and Management Team; reporting team and sub-contractors.
• Install and manage teams to deliver successful projects
• Effective supplier management
• Bringing together the full team across projects
• Logistics, technical and production
• Assisting with project review meetings/debriefs
• Working alongside the Senior project manager and Managing director on larger projects
• Working on pitches and tenders alongside the Sales Team as a specialist in project management/delivery
• Coaching and mentoring on site crew and yard crew
• To deliver client orders from start to finish; to time, cost, quality and safety standards, communicating details of CAD plans, drawing and/or instructions for each project to the team
• To ensure that all Health & Safety practices and procedures are followed appropriately
• Ensuring projects are delivered professionally, on time and to high company standards
• Establish standards of safety and performance on projects and inspect quality of work against these standards
• Maintaining the professional reputation of the company at all times
The above are the main responsibilities of the role; it is likely that other work will be required to suit the changing needs of the business and this Outline Job Description is seen as a guide only, as the emphasis of the role may change from time to time as discussed with you. A flexible approach by the role holder to developing and contributing to the growth of the business will be a prime requirement for success in this role.
Experience and skills to be successful in the role:
Technical / practical – sufficient evidence of:
• Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, equipment, materials, tools, and practices of the work involved.
• Competent understanding of CAD plans and drawings; Microsoft packages, database, Internet, e-mail.
• Experience in managing a team and working to tight time deadlines.
• Experience of H&S requirements for events sites and specifically marquee industry (CDM site regulations knowledge a plus).
• Demonstrated ability in administration; to complete procedural paperwork, H&S documents, tools and equipment safety checks.
Personal skills and style:
• Clear communication skills, friendly and co-operative approach with colleagues, clients and sub-contractors.
• Interpersonal skills to manage a small team effectively.
• Team working skills to work as a member of the management team and co-ordinate effectively with suppliers and delivery teams.
• Demonstrated ability in customer care skills, interest in follow-up details.
• Keen eye for detail and checking for accuracy.
• Prepared to accept varied hours and overnight stays on location.
Hours are 40 per week. Flexibility in working hours is required to meet the seasonal business needs.