Reporting to: Operations Manager
Full Job Description
Based in our sewing workshop you will be able to follow a pattern and or read from a drawing so you can cut and manufacture fabric linings to a precise size. You will be responsible for ensuring the manufacturing area is clean/tidy at all times and the products you sew are done on time and to the required quality. You will be able to repair minor problems with the equipment.
You will have a positive attitude, a hands on, dig in with the team approach and be able to converse with your team and your team leaders.
- Follow a set of drawings/pattern or instructions for each sewing job.
- Cut fabric from a pattern/drawing for each sewing job.
- Sew different fabrics, like cotton, wool, polyesters and blackouts.
- Draw threads through and change machine settings for different jobs.
- Keep accurate records of materials used for each sewing task/job.
- Ensure your working area is clean and tidy, the correct bins are used and all equipment/lighting is turned off at the end of the shift.
- Maintain the equipment ensuring it is clean and oiled and report faults to a supervisor
- Check finished work against drawing/pattern instructions.
- Check work has correct label sew in and is packed and labelled correctly.
- Check, wash, dry, fold, label and pack any laundry
- Stock checking and inventory
- Ensure Health and safety of workers and visitors.
- Ensure laundry is processed in a timely manner.
- Supporting team members.
- Ensuring that all equipment checks are carried out on schedule.
- Report any damages/repairs to equipment to the Operations supervisor.
- Ensure that general tidiness and cleanliness of the area is kept at all times.
- Assist with any adhoc tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Southampton, SO32 2AJ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Machinist: 1 year (preferred)
To apply or for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org